Sunday 29 June 2008

My personal story

Since stabilising on a methadone prescription I have become actively involved in promoting drug users views to enhance the treatment options available, and educate policy makers.

One of the ways that I decided to educate people about addiction was by doing my personal story. I wanted others to learn from my experiences of addiction and recovery, and to highlight some of the problem areas of treatment.

My story was published in the magazine, Drink and Drugs News, as a six part series. This was a fantastic opportunity for me as I have a passion for writing and I love to express my views!!!

I hope you enjoy my story and please visit my blog, where you can access some of my other writing.

1 comment:

David Clark said...

David, You write really well and I was moved by your Personal Story. Thanks so much for sharing this. David